Hello, and happy November everyone! I can’t believe that it is almost the end of 2017, can you? I mean, it seems like it was only a short while ago since our last Thanksgiving holiday. Even so, I love this time of year, and I am SUPER excited about our musical theme for this month!
Fun fact about me: I am OBSESSED with Stranger Things, a Netflix original series that has recently been taking over my life. Just a few days ago, Netflix released the highly anticipated second season of the series, and all I can say is, GO WATCH THE SHOW (if you haven’t already)!!! Pros of the show: it is well written and has a fantastic story line that keeps you on edge, you fall in love with the characters (especially the kids!), genres of sci-fi/drama/horror/romance all rolled into one, and all of this takes place in the nostalgia of the 80’s. If that doesn’t grab your attention, just watch this trailer for the first season:
Yeah, GO WATCH IT!!!
Let’s be real though…this is really the best show that I have watched in a while. Would anyone else who has seen it agree? Another aspect that I absolutely love about this show is, you guessed it, the music. Combine the iconic music of the early 80’s decade along with sweet electronics and strange horror effects, and you’ve got a unique yet slightly reminiscent soundtrack for this show. It is epic!
So, in honor of the new season of Stranger Things, and because the music of the 80’s is just so legendary, this month is going to be dedicated to power ballads of the 80’s! I have made a playlist of 25 of my favorite emotional love ballads by artists such as Journey, Bon Jovi, Heart, and more! Grab your Walkman and a lot hairspray, because the 80’s are back, baby!
November’s “Is This Love: 80’s Power Ballads” Playlist
- Is This Love by Whitesnake
- Alone by Heart
- Don’t Know What You Got (Till It’s Gone) by Cinderella
- Open Arms by Journey
- Every Rose Has Its Thorn by Poison
- I Want To Know What Love Is by Foreigner
- Can’t Fight This Feeling by REO Speedwagon
- Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship
- Carrie by Europe
- I’ll Be There For You by Bon Jovi
- Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler
- Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now) by Phil Collins
- Hard To Say I’m Sorry by Chicago
- (I Just) Died In Your Arms by Cutting Crew
- How Am I Supposed To Live Without You by Michael Bolton
- Listen To Your Heart by Roxette
- Making Love Out Of Nothing At All by Air Supply
- Amanda by Boston
- Forever by KISS
- Heaven by Warrant
- Kyrie by Mr. Mister
- Hungry Eyes by Eric Carmen
- Just Like Jesse James by Cher
- When I See You Smile by Bad English
- Sweet Child O’ Mine by Guns N’ Roses
Guess what?! I now have a Spotify playlist! You can listen to any of these songs there (link is below), or you can watch their music videos on my YouTube playlist! Your pick 🙂
Do you have any favorite power ballads from the 80’s? If so, comment below! I love listening to new music and getting y’alls musical suggestions! You can also email me (email@example.com), contact me here, or message me on Twitter!
I hope you enjoy this month’s playlist! Until next week…
PPS: I have a new Tumblr (I got crazy this week, haha)! It’s fairly new, so I only have maybe one post up, but its all about my obsession with the world of K-Pop! I’m @illegirl94, give it some love here!